[nSLUG] ZFS through FUSE

Joe Dunn me at joedunn.com
Fri Apr 4 16:06:00 ADT 2008

Hey George,

I'll give you my experiments, if your interested.

I've tried ZFS on OS X (zfs-101A from macforge) and had zpools works, added
a second disk while working on the zpool everything was pretty seamless.

But ZFS on OS X kernel panics, alot, its not even close to stable.

I was able to export my zfs pool and import it on both FreeBSD-CURRENT (7.0)
and FreeBSD-RELEASE (8.0) builds just fine. I used vmware for my tests for
those OS's. I ran a couple bonnie tests, speed is fast either using eSATA or
USB but is CPU intensive. If you want the stats I have em at home.

Tonight I am going to test Solaris 10 community express edition via vmware.
We'll see how things go.

Ryncing seems to cause the most problems with ZFS and Kernel panics on
FreeBSD and OS X.