[nSLUG] ZFS through FUSE

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 15:36:02 ADT 2008

I tried it, under Fedora 8 (2.6.24 kernel), but you need something
like 2.6.26 to get mmap.
I hope use it to share files between linux and OS X (image
processing), but many of the
tools expect mmap.  I suspect Apple may end up with their own tweaked
version of zfs to
support resource forks.   I have Mac Pro that will initially run RHEL
to do batch
processing, but may be converted to a Photoshop station once the
processing backlog
has been cleared or we buy more machines.  I was hoping to have a data
partition that
could be mounted by either OS, but now it appears that we will have to
reformat and
reload the disk to make the switch.

I also use fuse-sshfs, so far without problems, but only for
relatively small volumes of data.
I wouldn't expect it to be suitable for heavy processing.

On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Joe Dunn <me at joedunn.com> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Just wondering is anyone running ZFS through fuse here in linux? I'd love to
> hear your experiences.
>
> Cheers
>
> Joe

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia