[nSLUG] Anyone using RH 5.1 and cifs client mount?

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 14:57:09 ADT 2008

George, thanks for confirming it does work well in other distros/kernels.

I forgot to add that when I connect with smbclient, from the same client,
the user directory contains just the expected content, not echoes of all
user folders again. It looks like a kernel bug specific to RH's unique kernel
recipe (not the Colonel's unique Redhat recipe).

I know how to capture packets, but I don't know what to look for as
evidence there is a problem.  Maybe it is a problem with mount?
I could probably reboot with an older kernel to confirm the problem
goes away then (what I expect to see anyway).

--Donald