[nSLUG] 1. cdrecord & DVDs? 2. init in *ubuntu

linux.debian.user at gmail.com linux.debian.user at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 13:53:51 ADT 2008

On Friday 04 April 2008 02:54, Rich wrote:
> I guess there are some players that will play avi's which save conversion
> time (which can take an hour or more to convert to mpg).

I'd highly recommend picking up one of those. You can get a decent one for
under $50 nowadays.

That's how I watch all TV or movies now. Just take your favorite shows in .avi
format and burn them straight to disk (no conversion necessary), pop it in
the player and you have a menu of programs to watch.

I usually just use a dvd-rw for weekly programs, but if it's something worth
keeping I can usually fit an entire season on one dvd-r.

--
<linux.debian.user at gmail.com>
Linux User #246684