[nSLUG] 1. cdrecord & DVDs? 2. init in *ubuntu

Jack Warkentin jwark at eastlink.ca
Thu Apr 3 09:28:59 ADT 2008

Hi Mike

I use xcdroast, which is a great GUI front end to cdrecord, mkisofs,
etc. It will burn both CD's and DVD's and will even do the creating of
the .iso file and the burning concurrently instead of consecutively,
provided your system has enough power. And you can choose to make the
result bootable or not.

There used to be a issue with xcdroast burning DVD's - you had to
download a special version of one executable and then get and install a
key that would unlock it. But that is no longer the case, using, for
example, Debian's 0.98+0alpha15-11.1version. However the documentation
still has not caught up with the application, so you can ignore those
parts of the doc's.

Hope this helps.

Jack

Jack Warkentin, phone 902-404-0457, email jwark at eastlink.ca