[nSLUG] Upgrade tools, or... (choosing a new distribution)

Jonathan Anderson jonathan.anderson at ieee.org
Tue Sep 11 11:00:15 ADT 2007

That's a very good point.

Ubuntu syncs its packages with Debian every six months, and my understanding
is that they work closely with (and some are) DDs (Debian Developers). A lot
of Ubuntu fixes end up in Debian by the next Ubuntu release, so I have lots
of reasons to believe that Debian's package policies are [mostly] enforced in
Ubuntu*.

#!/jon

* There are probably some exceptions related to DFSG vs. binary drivers, but
  that's another discussion.