[nSLUG] Upgrade tools, or... (choosing a new distribution)

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Sep 11 10:28:08 ADT 2007

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:46:13 -0230
Jonathan Anderson <jonathan.anderson at ieee.org> wrote:

> Debian or a Debian-based distro.

Not "or [any] Debian-based distro".  But Kubuntu is not a bad choice because
from what I understand, Ubuntu continues in the same tradition as Debian in
upholding Debian Policy to ensure the quality of their packages.  I can't
say the same of any other Debian derivative (which is not to say they don't
exist -- but it is certainly something you'll want to look into if you use
any of them.)

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org