[nSLUG] Presentations

Oliver Baltzer oliver at hytek.org
Sat Sep 1 01:39:19 ADT 2007

On 31/08/07 09:47 PM, Oliver Doepner was heard to say:
> Gilbert Rossignol wrote:
>> InstallFest 2007.3 starts at 1:00pm Saturday, September 15 2007 in the
>> atrium (bottom floor) of the Dalhousie Computer Science Building, 6050
>> University Avenue.
>
> As mentioned earlier September 15th is also Software Freedom Day:
> http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/

Apparently Gilbert was not very clear with his notice. The idea was to
center the theme of the presentations around the concept of free
software in celebration of the Software Freedom Day. I believe that
rather than having too technical talks (à la tutorial style), it would
be nice to see talks that generate discussion, are motivating and
maybe talk about some funny experience or anecdote.

For those who were at GeekBeer or Install Fests at the CS building
before, we are planning to have the presentations/discussions in a
casual atmosphere in the atrium using the comfortable leather couches
as sitting devices. Additionally, we will be having the usual Install
Fest setup with lots of wires if somebody has an interesting project
they like to show off.

If somebody wants to help, I just recently liberated a few
JavaStations-10 (Krups) that need a new OS. To mind come Linux or
NetBSD. Also, if somebody knows a usable SIP/H.323 soft phone that
runs in a terminal, please let me know.

Cheers,
Oliver