[nSLUG] smu wireless setup

Jack Warkentin jwark at eastlink.ca
Mon Oct 29 23:54:01 ADT 2007

Hi Tyler

It sounds like the driver needs to be told the SSID *before* the
wpasupplicant stuff starts being used. How about trying

iwconfig ath0 essid <smu's hidden SSID>

before the

iwconfig ath0 ap any

(As an aside, I have my home access point configured with a hidden SSID
and the driver on my laptop discovers what this is via the file
/etc/Wireless/RT2500STA/RT2500STA.dat, which is loaded at boot time,
that I mentioned before.)

Regards

Jack

Jack Warkentin, phone 902-404-0457, email jwark at eastlink.ca