[nSLUG] smu wireless setup

Jonathan Anderson jonathan.anderson at ieee.org
Mon Oct 29 13:11:13 ADT 2007

Here's my old wpa_supplicant setup that I used to use at MUN (I use
NetworkManager now... knetworkmanager only works with recent versions, but
nm-applet has been good for a long time now):

--
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=admin

ap_scan=1

# MUN
network={
        ssid="stu"
        scan_ssid=1
        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
        eap=PEAP
        identity="<username>"
        password="<password>"
        phase1=""
        phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
}
--

The ap_scan and scan_ssid bits are important.

Anyway, try nm-applet, making sure that the "Key Type" is set to TKIP, not
Auto.

#!/jon