[nSLUG] Looking for More Work

Jon me at jonwatson.ca
Sun Oct 28 17:15:18 ADT 2007

Yeah...whoa. That place is weird.

I sent in a resume and no less than three people called me within an
hour and tried to set up all manners of interviews. None of them spoke
english as a first language which isn't a problem, just made me feel
like I was talking to an Indian call centre.

None of the people I talked to made any effort to qualify me for any
position and in fact I had to tell one of them to remove a job for me
since I was clearly not qualified to do it. They seemed to have no
interest in making sure I would be able to do the job, just interested
in getting me into the interview queue as fast as humanly possible.

All in all it was a pretty chaotic experience and I don't feel all that
good about it. I think I have a phone interview on Monday morning but
between the language barrier and the general overall speed shimmy, I'm
really not sure.

I assume that the actual companies these positions are with are run with
a little more order than Keane so I'm trying not to let my impression of
the recruiters slant my view of the employer(s).

Jon