[nSLUG] Linux and Laptops

Rick Burdon burdonrc at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 12:39:41 ADT 2007

Hi There

I have installed Ubuntu 7.04 and 7.10 on 2 differnent HP laptops using both
i386 and a64 versions The first HP is a Centrino Duo with all Intel
Nic/wireless. video etc.  It installs flawlessly and works very nice.  the
only things that don't work are the webcam and remote.  a non issue for me.
The other noteboolk is an AMD turion x2 with Nvidia video and broadcom
wireless. I only used 7.10 on it and the wireless needs ndiswrapper to work
but then functions fine.  Of course 7.10 is improved over 7.04 for video
setup and power management

The HP Intel Centrino is dv6335ca
the HP AMD Turion is DV9612ca

Rick