[nSLUG] smu wireless setup

Tyler Smith tyler.smith at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Oct 24 11:34:17 ADT 2007

Hi,

Does anyone know how to set up wireless using the system at Saint
Mary's? At my last university I just ran the following script, opened
a browser and entered my user id and password, and then I was off to
the races:

#! /bin/bash
ifconfig ath0 down
iwconfig ath0 key off
ifconfig ath0 up
iwconfig ath0 ap any
dhclient ath0

It's a bit more involved at SMU. From what I gather from the
instructions for using XP, they have WPA network authentication, TKIP
encryption, Protected EAP (PEAP), Secured Password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
authentication method. The full instructions are in a pdf:

http://www.smu.ca/administration/itss/wireless/WirelessBrochurev2.pdf

If anyone has already worked out how to set this up on linux, or can
point me to any useful resources, that would be great.

Thanks,

Tyler

--
Tired of spyware? Try Firefox: