[nSLUG] Interview questions

Bill Davidson billdavidson at eastlink.ca
Mon Oct 22 13:39:53 ADT 2007

Hi:

I have always hated job interviews, but now I find myself in the
unfamiliar position of having to conduct one.  I have been asked to
handle the technical parts of a couple of interviews for Unix/Linux
sysadmin positions.

What are you favourite interview questions?  What best distinguish a
competent or experienced dullard from someone with a strong and deep
understanding of unix?  Is there some technical question you were once
asked in a interview (or elsewhere) that made you stop and think?  What
question could you be asked (or would you ask of another), the answer to
which would summarize all the best qulities of a really good sysadmin?

Or at the very least, what can I ask so that I don't look like an idiot?

Thanks.

Bill Davidson