[nSLUG] Every one in a while....

Jon me at jonwatson.ca
Fri Oct 19 09:45:08 ADT 2007

Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:21:02 -0300
> Jon <me at jonwatson.ca> wrote:
>
>> I'm always amazed at how fast an innocent question can turn into a bitch
>> fest on a Linux mailing list.
>
> Sorry.  Touchy about your MS-centric explanation, I guess.  Is that so
> amazing on a Linux list?

No, not amazing, but certainly tiresome.

> Let's get back to the OP's point. MS clearly touts their "granular
> policy-based rights management" and Red Hat has scrambled to attach the
> same label to selinux:

I'm not really heavily into policy stuff at the moment. The last time I
worked with policies was the aforementioned MS GPOs and that was back in
December 2006. I can't really speak to the history or current state of
cross-OS policy management. I was just trying to answer the original
question about 'what goes granular policy based managment' mean.

I think we can all agree that regardless of the implementation, the
words 'granular' and 'policy based' have common definitions.