[nSLUG] Every one in a while....

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Fri Oct 19 09:38:56 ADT 2007

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:21:02 -0300
Jon <me at jonwatson.ca> wrote:

> I'm always amazed at how fast an innocent question can turn into a bitch
> fest on a Linux mailing list.

Sorry.  Touchy about your MS-centric explanation, I guess.  Is that so
amazing on a Linux list?

Let's get back to the OP's point. MS clearly touts their "granular
policy-based rights management" and Red Hat has scrambled to attach the
same label to selinux:

http://www.press.redhat.com/2007/03/14/red-hat-enterprise-linux-5-security/

Is this something new, or just a new way to describe RBAC, which I
understand is a rather old concept (though not implemented in Unix in a
big way until selinux arrived on the scene, which, admittedly, is a
latecomer)?

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org