[nSLUG] Re: Buying books: I take it back, partly

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Fri Oct 19 04:29:06 ADT 2007

> Here's another you can't do in Windows:
> cal 09 1752
>
> It's not a mistake, but a piece of history having to do
> with the calendar changing from Julian to Gregorian, from
> the English perspective...

The reason for which you'll know if you'ce read The Baroque Cycle
wherein, if you sailed from France to England in a few hours, the date
changed by a fortnight.  Late 17th c. Made the cute financial maneuver
with a note issued in Lyon and payable in London a bit tricky.

> Details on when this happened in various parts of Europe with ncal -p

I don't seem to have ncal. :-(  Is it part of some larger package?

- Mike

                                                           /V\