[nSLUG] Buying books: I take it back, partly

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 07:42:13 ADT 2007

It seems to be universal, and not surprising when you consider
the volumes of texts they can't sell because they are crap, or
they can't sell because the technology changed, and as I
mentioned previous, for open source they have to compete
with free information on the web.

Perhaps O'Reilly, who everyone seems to like in my experience,
should open a chain called "The Missing Bookstore" :-) .
Perhaps smaller so the square footage doesn't do them in.
Perhaps a watermarked flash memory/PDF
distribution centre with preview workstations.

--Donald