[nSLUG] tech books in Halifax?

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Tue Oct 16 00:25:57 ADT 2007

D G Teed wrote:
> I can recall when Chapters started booming and the Internet was booming at
> the same time around the late 90's.  I was astounded at the size of the
> IT section.  At least at the Chapters near Bloor and Spadina area, IT
> was almost the whole second floor.  I felt it was too much.
> (The dot com crash came within a couple of years.)

That's when Chapters was descent.  I remember when it opened in Kingston
in '97-ish.
At first they had a whole isle of Linux books (about 500 books).  After
a month, I went back,
there were about 50 books left on the shelves.  I asked the clerk when
they were getting more
books in, especially the O'Rielley Books.  He said, they don't
understand what's with the
sales of these books.  They can't keep them in stock. LOL.

What was with all the Java books... man there must of been 3 or 4 isles
of that crap.
Even C couldn't compete.   I bet most of those books are in the 3 for
$2  bin now.

Rich