[nSLUG] Static IP Availability Question

Rick Burdon burdonrc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 13:51:43 ADT 2007

If you go with Eastlink you'll find that your IP won't change very often.
Maybe once a year or so.  The you can save the cash you would spend for a
static.  There are some excellent free services out there that will update a
domain name to a dynamic IP.  That way you can play all you want with VPN,
ssh, webservers etc.  If you're stuck on Aliant they will still work very
nicely.  But remember that their IPs update very frequently and Aliant
doesn't have near the bandwith the Eastlink has.

Rick