[nSLUG] Static IP Availability Question

Jon me at jonwatson.ca
Mon Oct 15 12:59:10 ADT 2007

Heya

This is more of an outgoing issues. I ran servers in my previous house,
but I have no desire to do that again here.

Yes, a staging ssh machine that is trusted by all others in the network
is a good idea, but it only solves half the problem. Many of the
interfaces I need to get to are web interfaces hence why I thinking of a
 VPN style solution. I know I can probably use an SSH tunnel through our
staging machine, but there are less technical users that also need to
use the system.

I thought about a cheap VPS to provide VPN services to me, but I've had
troubles with getting the necessary IPTables running in a VPS in the past.

Lots of ideas...