[nSLUG] Static IP Availability Question

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 11:37:25 ADT 2007

If you are interested in running domain services, some of us are running
low volume web and email services on the cheap by using alternate ports in
combination with dynamic DNS services like dyndns, and smart relay
of email through the high speed ISP's SMTP.  It works well enough
for personal and low volume needs.

If you need to ssh through some firewall from a static IP, then
you'd probably be set by getting some ISP which provides ssh
to their box with a static IP.  I've never used their services,
but vex.net in Toronto seems to offer a very flexible shell
environment for $90/year including access to cron, C compilers,
various scripting languages, use of tools like lynx, etc.

--Donald

Depending