[nSLUG] Where buy flatscreen / ac adapter ?

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Tue Oct 9 19:04:07 ADT 2007

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007, Rich wrote:

> Oliver Doepner wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I want to buy a 17' flatscreen monitor and an AC power adapter
>> (110-230V, 50-60Hz) for my home PC.
>>
>> Where would you go to do that? I live in Halifax ("peninsula") and have
>> a bicycle and bus tickets but no car.
>>
>> I am looking for good quality, and probably also a competent sales
>> person at the store.
>
> If you are in the Bayers Lake - Robotnik has decent prices, very small
> show room, they have a online site.

Bayers Lake is a bugger by bike. I don't recall seeing bike parking around
there, either. Worth the visit by bus, though, they probably have the best
prices in the city unless you go to one of the disties.

> Bedford Highway has TBC (two bad cats hehe) - I've been trying to check
> them out.

I have friends who go there for all their computers. The TBC machines are
generally pretty reliable and well built, from what I've seen. Not sure
what their prices are like, though. Don't recall seeing any bike parking
there but there's a bus stop right outside.

Cheers... Dop.