[nSLUG] Lapotops

Tue Oct 2 17:25:57 ADT 2007

My brother has installed kubuntu on a number of different laptops, and
the only issue he ran into was wireless nics on some of them. I think he
eventually got them all going, one way or another.

HP makes laptops that are certified for one of the distros - suse I
think. Dell also was offering preinstalled unbuntu laptops if I'm not
mistaken, but I think they no longer offer them.

Any time you want to buy hardware for linux you have to do some research
first, especially if it's new. Even then, cross your fingers. It sure is
fun when it all works though.

Robin Murray