[nSLUG] Lapotops

Jon me at jonwatson.ca
Tue Oct 2 17:34:12 ADT 2007

I have been running Ubuntu on a Dell Inspiron 9400 for over a year now
without any real issues. The ATI x1400 and Intel wireless chips used to
be the most problematic, but now those drives are in the Ubuntu repos
(albeit the proprietary ones, I think). It's a 17" screen, 1GB RAM, dual
core machine with 128MB video RAM (the ATI x1400 mentioned) and the
Intel 3945 ABG wireless card. By today's standards that may not be
exactly cutting edge, but it's still a high end system that runs well
with Ubuntu.

Jon