[nSLUG] Reverse PIN number

Kevin Fleming kfleming at accesswave.ca
Thu Nov 29 09:25:01 AST 2007

Hello All,

Here is a link to a site that debunks the myth of the Reverse PIN number
thing:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_reverse_pin.htm

As well as this link:

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/reverse-pin-ATM.shtml

According to the articles, the ability may exist but the banks have not
implemented the feature for 'security reasons' as in they don't want to
be responsible for you getting knifed or shot when the thief holding you
up notices your hesitation during PIN entry, and decides you are
entering your PIN in reverse.

Nice thought, but bogus as far as I can tell.  If anyone has a reputable
source for correct information on the topic, all well and good, but as
far as I am concerned everything on the 'Net is questionable.

Just my two cents worth.

--
Kevin Fleming
Casey of Chezzetcook