[nSLUG] New Years' Day: TCP/IP 25th Birthday Levee Invitation

Greg Hamilton greg.hamilton at ns.sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 21 23:57:16 AST 2007

Please someone tell me I'm not the only one on the list that received *two*
invites to this levee. (I feel so *old*! <lol>)

All joking aside, Dan's hospitality is legendary - it ought to be a _very_
good time.

Well - two invites in my inbox convinced me. I'll be there.

If anyone else is going, let me know - it'll be nice to put some faces to
names.

For those that do not know Dan personally, he really is an early architect of
the Canadian internet (dare I say "pioneer"?). I feel honoured to have known
him all these years, and would like to take an opportunity to offer a well
deserved "tip of the hat" to Dan. There's not too many people that make me
feel slow in this business - but Dan's one. Thanks, Dan, for a job well done.

Very best regards,

Greg
(PS: for the record - I can answer yes to at least one of those questions - I
know of a place in Springhill that _still_ uses vampire taps on ARCnet over
RG-62/U coax... ;)
(PPS: Dan that'll be an RSVP for two of us, please and thankyou)