[nSLUG] New Years' Day: TCP/IP 25th Birthday Levee Invitation
daniel at bonmot.ca
Wed Nov 21 14:17:28 AST 2007
* Did you help build the Internet before about 1995?
* Do you find the string DEAD.BEEF.CAFE funny?
* Can you argue about what "conservative" means in RFC 822?
* Would you assert that a vampire tap is not just for Hallowe'en?
* Can you quote Postel and Mockapetris chapter and verse?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you should celebrate
the 25th anniversary of the Internet, on the afternoon of New Years
Day, in Halifax with a biiiig group of your fellow Internet geek
What is it? Refreshments and finger food for Halifax's digerati. This
is not a videoconference, an e-meeting, a blog, WoW, Second Life,
ting, bliki, moo, mud, or gobby. It's a real-life press-the-flesh,
real wine and real cheese, face-to-face reception.
For more information, visit http://bonmot.ca/levee/, and if you can
join us for a piece of cake, some serious propellerhead schmoozing,
and a toast to the best protocol in the world, RSVP to
daniel at bonmot.ca .
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the nSLUG