[nSLUG] How to throughly test an MX server before making it live

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 11:00:12 AST 2007

Hi,

Aaron and Dop, thanks for the tips on swak and XFORWARD.
It is very helpful - exactly the means I was looking for.

Someone asked why one would test this beyond basic connectivity.
One concern is that if the spam tagging is too touchy, it will cause
legit emails to filter into spam folders automatically.  We have existing
MX servers with slightly older SA, postfix and amavisd-new.  It is nicely
tweaked and users seldom have to look in their spam folder for false
positives.  If there were suddenly more false positives, users would
be upset.  So we are looking for scoring that isn't much different than
before,
or if it is, we need to tweak the minimal tagging score.

--Donald