[nSLUG] ffmpeg sync issues

Herb htheriault at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 11:35:33 AST 2007

These are the versions in use:

=======
FFmpeg version SVN-rUNKNOWN, Copyright (c) 2000-2007 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-pp --enable-swscaler
--enable-pthreads --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora
--enable-libogg --enable-libgsm --enable-dc1394 --disable-debug
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libfaadbin --enable-libfaad
--enable-libfaac --enable-xvid --enable-x264 --enable-amr_nb
--enable-amr_wb --enable-shared --prefix=/usr
  libavutil version: 1d.49.3.0
  libavcodec version: 1d.51.38.0
  libavformat version: 1d.51.10.0
  built on Oct  1 2007 21:28:55, gcc: 4.1.3 20070929 (prerelease)
(Ubuntu 4.1.2-16ubuntu2)
=======

=======
transcode --version
transcode v1.0.2 (C) 2001-2003 Thomas Oestreich, 2003-2004 T. Bitterberg
========

There are no config files, as I've not had to set any up in the past.
I'll do a bit of reading and give that a shot.

Sources vary from vob to ogm, dv and mov. The current svn compile I
built actually complained about loss of sync, where the packaged debs
never explicitly said anything, but the result was the  same.