[nSLUG] ffmpeg sync issues

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Sun Nov 11 11:07:26 AST 2007

Herb wrote:
> Anyone here having issues with video falling out of sync when using
> ffmpeg? There is evidence of it on various groups, but no one is
> offering up any possible reasons or solutions.

What version ffmpeg and transcode are you running?
Any diffs on mpegtools?

Did you setup a config for it?
Under your home dir, you should have .transcode and a file:

ffmpeg.cfg

[mpeg2video]
vrc_minrate=0
vrc_maxrate = 7000
vrc_buf_size = 1792

> I'm trying to build a dvd of short clips from various sources, some of
> which I'm editing in kino before exporting as a vob. Export from kino
> works fine but converting to dv, or any other format, using ffmpeg
> drops the video out of sync.

What type of multiple sources?  Different compressed types?

I used to extract them and add the offset, but that was more for the
subtitles (usually had to adjust timing).
I do remember some slight issues with ffmpeg, tyring to think back - its
been a few months since I worked on any.