[nSLUG] Ubuntu crash with scp.

Stephen Gregory nslug at kernelpanic.ca
Thu Nov 8 08:35:56 AST 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 08:05:49PM -0400, David Payne wrote:

> Over the last few days I have been copying some large files
> over the network with scp.  My system has locked up twice
> while I was doing this.

Are you using Compiz? I have locked up X a few times while the system
was under some sort of load. I am also running Unbuntu 7.10 on an AMD
cpu with Nvidia chipset. However I am using an ATI video card. I have
not had any issues with Ubuntu 7.10 on a Intel machine with the same
ATI video card.

I would recommend that you disable X (sudo /etc/init.d/gdm stop) and
see if the problem persists.

--
sg