[nSLUG] Configuring wireless-G on a laptop

Barry Miller millerb at hfx.eastlink.ca
Sun Nov 4 15:29:11 AST 2007

Need a little help understanding this wireless setup.
Some history
I have a LINKSYS WPC54G Ver 4 Adapter with the router setup to a cable
modem all worked with Windose XP. The other week while waiting for a
flight I found at the newstand a LINUX MAGAZINE with DEBIAN 4.0 ETCH.
Tired as too how slow this laptop was working under Windose I came home
with a brand new plan. The Install worked great, the last time I install
Linux was with Slackware3 over 28.8 modem and 486 25sx, I think I still
have the floppies somewhere.This was a piece of cake I can't believe how
far things have came along and this Presario 900 laptop screaming now.
It would be great to get the wireless card working so I don't have to
spend so much time next to the cable modem.(wife agrees)

lspci (-gives me this my thinking the card is found )wrong
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Linksys, A Division of Cisco Systems
[AirConn] INPROCOMM IPN 2220 Wireless LAN Adapter (rev 01)
interface eth0 is active
but I have no interface for the wireless

iwconfig
> lo        no wireless extensions.
>
> eth0      no wireless extensions.
>
> sit0      no wireless extensions.

I've been reading HOWTO'S but I'm missing something,
Here's hoping someone can help.
Many thanks
Barry