[nSLUG] When the power might be out for days

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 21:37:12 ADT 2007

Thanks for the DIY article link.  Actually our UPS is a good unit
for our load - it can do 2 hours or better for the 50+ servers.  However
the air conditioning being off makes it better to shut down everything
after about 15 minutes of no power.  The main thing we are lacking
from the UPS vendor is the client software to automate shutdowns for
Novell, Windows, FreeBSD, Solaris, and Redhat Linux.  I know that
apcupsd can do it for all of them except probably Novell,
but that OS isn't around for much longer.