[nSLUG] When the power might be out for days

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 21:27:13 ADT 2007

Halifax might come through this fine.  I'm concerned for the
Valley region because our trees did not get a shake down from Juan.
This time we are on the east side of the eye, where winds
can be twice that on the west end.  It looks like 2 AM
or thereabouts will be a peak zone for the Valley area.
At that time, peak winds will be at about 140 KM/H.

Quoting the Canadian Hurricane Centre:

} The public is advised not to focus on the actual track of the storm
} centre since the high winds  and heavy rains will extend very far
} from the track line itself.

--Donald