[nSLUG] crontab help

Vikram Chhatre crypticlineage at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 16:34:14 ADT 2007

bash-2.05b$ export EDITOR=/usr/local/bin/nano
bash-2.05b$ echo $EDITOR
/usr/local/bin/nano

bash-2.05b$ crontab -e
skipping 13 old session files
reading /var/spool/cron/crontab.25106
Read /var/spool/cron/crontab.25106, 1 lines, 38 chars
20  13  *  *  *  /usr/local/bin/alarm

At this point, I am unable to make any changes (the file just displays
within terminal window, not in a nano window).  The cursor does not
move, I cannot type anything and I cannot control-c.  I just have to
force quit on the terminal window.

I can launch nano as a standalone application through aterm.

P.S. I had to create the crontab file manually.