[nSLUG] Looking for Tripwire Subject Matter Expert

Dop Ganger nslug at fop.ns.ca
Fri Nov 2 14:58:56 ADT 2007

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007, Jon wrote:

> Well, I thought I was doing the membership a favour. I know when I was
> looking for work I posted here and received some help. I was trying to
> return the favour.
>
> Now that I know work offerings will be met with derision, I will refrain
> from posting anything further I may have.

The posting for work was not what was met with derision - it was your
assumption that people would not be interested in discussing the subject,
which struck me as somewhat arrogant.

I'm not quite sure why you need someone to do this anyway. Whenever I've
set up tripwire before it's been a ~20 minute job, with most of that
effort being waiting for the box to generate checksums. I suppose
compiling from source could spin it out a bit longer. I suspect the other
people replying were wondering why exactly you thought it was so
difficult, too.

Cheers... Dop.