[nSLUG] Looking for Tripwire Subject Matter Expert

Joe Dunn me at joedunn.com
Fri Nov 2 10:41:50 ADT 2007

No not at all. A repo would just make a rollout easier on you. Again this
all depends on your infrastructure needs. (if you have 2 servers, a repo
might be overkill) After the rpm is made you could just scp it to each
servers and rpm -ivh tripwire rpm and be done with this.

If you go with a tarball your just going against the whole idea of using a
system with package management.

Also if your using a security solution such as tripwire you want it to be as
homogeneous as possible.

just my 2 cents.