[nSLUG] Learning TEX

Jeff Warnica jeff at coherentnetworksolutions.com
Wed May 30 10:19:11 ADT 2007

I personally avoid TeX and LaTeX entirely, but the consensus is that
just about everyone should avoid straight TeX and use LaTeX (or one of
the other "high level" macro packages).

If you are looking to make documents that look reasonable, multiple
output formats, automatic ToC, indexes, sections, pagebreaks, etc...
Use Docbook. If you need formulas, you can use MathML, or just make
images from very small (La)TeX sources.