[nSLUG] Learning TEX

Daniel Morrison draker at gmail.com
Wed May 30 02:07:06 ADT 2007

On 30/05/07, Mike Spencer <mspencer at tallships.ca> wrote:

> Ho hum.  Maybe I sould just try to get Corel WordPerfet or some other

Corel WordPerfect is a) not free, b) ancient, and c) not well integrated
with modern widgets (uses Motif).

If you want WYSIWYG, go for OpenOffice.org.  If that's too big, there's
AbiWord (nice, but I always have offset problems when printing, and needs
a lot of gnomish libraries).

> WYSIWYG word processor working.  The lasttime I had to make a
> pretty-printed document, I did HTML markup and printed it from the
> browser.  Cringe.  Two years ago, maybe?

Otherwise LyX really does work well for a quick document, and is always
what I would recommend.  HTML is a last resort, but works well quickly if
you have a simple document.

-D.