[nSLUG] OSS & Egov ~ Reprise

Robert Ashley rb.ashley at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 21:05:31 ADT 2007

A follow-up to my idea of forming an OSS foundation of sorts devoted
to getting OSS into local and provincial government. Lo! I discover
this--> They've set up an OSS "think tank" in the UK along the lines
of what I dreamt of for Nova Scotia.

http://tinyurl.com/22m68s

National open source centre launched

 MPs have launched a think tank that will explore opportunities for
open source software in the UK

 Liberal Democrat MP John Hemming launched the National Open Centre
(NOC) at Westminister on 26 February 2007.

 He said the centre will host conferences, seminars and publish
research papers on open source and open standards policy and
innovation.

Bob

 Based in Birmingham, a 25-strong advisory board will advise on
national policy, clarify opportunities and foster innovation.

!DSPAM:4605bccf106441521216163!