[nSLUG] Time zone calculation

Bill Davidson billdavidson at eastlink.ca
Wed Mar 7 11:35:58 AST 2007

Hi:

On my system there is a script "/usr/sbin/atrun" which used to be
invoked by cron every minute, and which runs "atd -s", which processes
the "at" queue once and exits.  You could set up similar scripts, each
of which invokes "atd" with a different TZ variable, and, umm, somehow
knows which scripts to run and which not to run.  I guess you could
modify the "atd" source to have different queue directories, so then you
could have in /usr/sbin/atrun:

TZ=Australia/Melbourne /usr/local/sbin/atd-melbourne -s
TZ=Africa/Khartoum /usr/local/sbin/atd-khartoum -s

Not very elegant, I know.  If there was a way to invoke atd with a queue
name that would be better.  Heck, as long as you're modifying atd...

I hope you can get a useful idea from this.

--
Bill Davidson <billdavidson at eastlink.ca>

!DSPAM:45eedbf2106722318417646!