[nSLUG] Re: help with Logitech webcam

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Tue Jun 26 17:42:48 ADT 2007

> I have received a Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX....but when I
> start the camstream application, nothing appears in the "Device"
> menu.

I have what is probably an older Quickcam.  Once the qc-usb driver was
installed, the only problem I hit was that of a competing TV card.
The Quickcam worked as expected (with mplayer) on one machine but
showed nothing on another.  Turned out that the second machine had a
TV card (ATI TV Wonder) installed.  Result was that I had to
explicitly tell mplayer (via an option for the the -tv command line
switch)  which tv device to read from.

I don't know anything about camstream but if you have other camera or
TV devices on board, you might look to that as a potential conflict or
ambiguity.

- Mike

                                                           /V\