[nSLUG] Replaced CD drive - won't boot, won't play, players don't recognize

Rich budman85 at eastlink.ca
Tue Jul 31 02:55:40 ADT 2007

Robert Ashley wrote:
> Yup, tried an audio CD. No luck. Tried both cdtools from the console
> and the CD Player in the GUI. The latter says "no disk" and won't let
> me use any of the "play", "pause" buttons, except "eject". Eject
> works.

Are you using the ide-scsi module?
You are positive the new drive is using the /dev/hdc device id correct?
Were there any jumper changes - can it be using /dev/hdd ?

What drives are under  ls -al  /proc/ide ?

Can it be the mount options?

Try
mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc   /media/cdrom0

Maybe it was ignoring the -t option at the end of the cmd