[nSLUG] Replaced CD drive - won't boot, won't play, players don't recognize

Robert Ashley rb.ashley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 01:01:07 ADT 2007

Thanks Jon.

Here's the output from your suggestion:

ashley:/home/bob# mount /dev/hdc /media/cdrom0 -tiso9660
mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
       missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so
Same raw deal as what I tried. BTW, in googling around, I found plenty
of forum messages which raise this problem, but so far I haven't read
of any successful remedy.

What about something possibly awry in the symlink angle?

Thanks,

Bob