[nSLUG] Replaced CD drive - won't boot, won't play, players don't recognize

Jon me at jonwatson.ca
Tue Jul 31 00:31:06 ADT 2007

Hello All,

> mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only

This is an expected message when mounting read only media.

> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
>        missing codepage or other error
>        In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
>        dmesg | tail  or so

This has all the earmarks of bad bootable media. I know you've been
pursuing this issue for a while, but are you really, really sure that
this CD is bootable/no munged?

You may have some success providing the file system type as in

mount /dev/hdc /media/cdrom0 -tiso9660 (don't take my word for that file
type, Google is your friend).

Jon

--
Key fingerprint: BDE0 DE52 B8C0 0CDF 7653 E5A2 D861 7877 0D3B 813E
http://www.jonwatson.ca

"Trying to learn to hack on a DOS or Windows machine or under MacOS is
like trying to learn to dance while wearing a body cast" - ESR