[nSLUG] CD/DVD installation

Jeff Warnica jeff at coherentnetworksolutions.com
Thu Jul 26 12:44:16 ADT 2007

I suspect that the difference in price between a DVD and a DVD+/-RW is
about $20, at most. And I've had a CD/RW drive where the RW stuff died
and the read continued to work... Its thus (to me, at least) fairly
low risk.

I didn't see it mentioned before: Dont just turn off your computer,
but unplug the power supply as well. Even "off" power runs to the
motherboard. And while I've never toasted a whole board, I have killed
at least one drive plugging things into an "off" motherboard.