[nSLUG] Calendar EID for event changed (was Re: LUG Meetings...)

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Tue Jul 24 17:08:13 ADT 2007

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:02:44 -0300
William Lachance <wrlach at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry about that, it's fixed now. Ben informs me that this changes the EID
> for the meeting, so you may want to re-add it to your Google Calendar if that's
> what you're using:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2s66hv

Or I may just be confused about how to use this calendar.  The first thing I tried was to add it to my own calendar.  This cloned the event, which is pretty useless because, while I can invite myself to my own event on my own calendar, nobody else can see it.  This defeats the point of a calendar for the group.  On the other hand, if I just subscribe to the group calendar, I can't add myself to the event (not having been invited, I suppose).

So how are we supposed to use it?  Shouldn't we be able to keep track of who's coming, etc.?

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org