[nSLUG] Re: LUG Meetings...

Mike Spencer mspencer at tallships.ca
Tue Jul 24 03:28:44 ADT 2007

> It will undoubtedly be a source of irritation to the non-Haligonians
> that you've called us the "Halifax LUG" instead of nSLUG...

Yup, yup.  My feelings are hurt, my self esteem bruised and my dignity
besmirched. I shall take my laptop and go home and ..... um, wait, I
already *am* home.  Well, I guess I can bear up... :-)

Interesting that just as we're firing up renewed action and f2f,
/. has a bit on whether or not LUGs are obsolete.  Ususal
contradictions and superfluous lip-flapping, FWIW, at:

    http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/07/07/23/1357259.shtml

Well, I'd come to f2f meetings if I weren't so far out in the boonies
that I use specially equipped squirrels [1] to carry my packets to a
DRIPPING [2] router nailed to the nearest phone pole out where the
pavement begins.

- Mike

[1] http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12131243
[2] Distributed Rodent Internet Packet Protocol Interface for
    Network Gateways

                                                           /V\