[nSLUG] LUG Meetings...?

Ben Armstrong synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
Mon Jul 23 13:16:23 ADT 2007

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:49:07 -0300
"Michael Lauzon" <mlauzon at gmail.com> wrote:

> For me to go to an installfest I need to own a desktop or laptop --
> laptop being the more useful kind of computer I need right now -- and
> don't have either...still trying to get a job here as well.

No.  In fact, you don't.  Just show up.  These installfests are an
excuse to gather, show off current cool projects we're working on, and
do other non-install-related things.  Very few actual installs happen.

> When I lived in Toronto before moving to Ottawa -- both cities held
> monthly LUG meetings...even if something along those lines; or even
> bi-monthly meetings should be started.  Just a thought.

We've gotten along for years without them.  People have talked on and
off about starting them, but at the end of the day, apathy ruled.  So
I guess the group is content to not have regular meetings.  The fact
that the Dal/ACM chapter has these regular installfests and has given
us an open invitation to attend apparently satisfies whatever needs
we may have to meet.

Btw, welcome to Nova Scotia!

Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca